Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes. Shifts and Breakthroughs.

As said very famously by David Bowie - 

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes(Turn and face the strange)Ch-ch-changesDon't want to be a richer man.

The reality is that you can change, or change will happen to you. 


At the moment, it feels like lots is changing for me. It started with my knee operations a couple of years ago, then Bethany left school, then I left my job for a new one. What's next?

In the song, he talks about facing the new or strange, and how having money is not the be all and end all.

This sums it up for me too. I think about the things that are resonating most with me at the moment, and that I talk about a lot.
They include:

Minimising, or stripping back. We've got a big house FULL of 'things', plus a yard and garage that is the same. I've loved everything - all the amazing gifts, the great things we've been able to use for leisure, the clothes and the knick knacks. But now, I don't want so much. I want less, a lot less. I don't want to feel cluttered, or restricted because of having lots of 'things'. So - thank you. I loved that you bought them for me but they have served their purpose and it's time for someone else to enjoy them.

Simple life. I want to live a simpler life that is not as busy rushing around doing everything. Sure, I still want to go on holidays but I don't want to feel like every single moment of my life is accounted for, and that I'm busy being busy. I want some moments of nothing - just being. It's funny, even my favourite holiday style reflects this. Things are starting to come together, falling in place.

Money. I want to have our finances in good shape, but that's the last I want to think about it. I don't want to keep buying more 'things'  - we've got enough. I want to have moments that are special. Less of them but each one of a better quality. And I definitely don't want financial discussions or worry to be a significant part of my life. How boring.

Self. I think we start on our path, get caught up in life, and forget to readjust to the person we are as an adult, or at each stage of our lives. At the moment I'm doing life coaching. I find it tough, and some barriers are hard to break through. But I'm persevering because I think it will help me to know myself, and like myself better. Part of it is overcoming my perfectionism. Related to that is a mistrust of new things and new situations - so pushing out of comfort zone more frequently until it becomes effortless, and easy to just say yes to new things.

Maybe as you are reading this, you will find that you can relate to some of it. That's how I felt when I started to talk to people about how I feel. It's amazing, I held things very closely and was very private until I realised that I actually wasn't unique and heaps of people are going through the same thing, or have been there already and had great tips and ideas. I'm still quite closed in but it's something I'm working on. Plus, the great equaliser. No-one actually cares enough to remember what you think is super embarrassing and can't talk about. It's true.

I'd love to have a significant piece of advice or something to give you now - real moment of wisdom. I don't. But what I have is my experiences, and I'm happy to share them with you, or even just my thoughts. And equally, I would love to hear from you because that will help me grow.

So - getting ready for change! Better that you initiate it rather than letting it happen to you. 

One last thought. Who are you? Have you ever really given it any thought? What do you like, what don't you like, what would you like to change, what do you really love to do. Something to thing about.


Laurel




Comments

Popular Posts